FireVision 20L fire rated glazing is a clear, wire-free laminated glazing material. It has a thickness of 1/4″ and is rated for 20 minute applications.
Utilizing specially formulated resin interlayers, FireVision 20L provides fire resistant integrity as well as radiation control. It can be used in a wide variety of frame types with a high tolerance to edge clearance, edge cover and glazing material.
- Fire rated up to 20 minutes (non hose stream test)
- Transparent and wireless glass
- Category I and II impact safety rated glass
- Three-ply laminated glass with resin based fire resistant interlayer
- Approved for use in doorlites, maximum 9 ft.2
- Impact rating: ANSI Z97.1 (1984) and APSC 16CRF 1201-98 Catgeory I and II
- Fire resistant integrity with radiation control
- User freindly, meaning cuttable without special equipment and without edge tapes.
- Usable in timber with variety of edge covers and clearances.
- Compatible with most intumescent putties and strips.
- UV stable therefore can be used externally without added laminated.
- User friendly glazing conditions regarding edge cover and edge clearance
- Thickness: 1/4″ (7 mm)
- Transparent glass
- Impact rating: Meets CPSC Category I and II impact resistance
|Up to 20 min
Each lite of FireVision 20L fire-rated glass shall be permanently labeled with product and manufacturer’s name, UL certification mark, etc.
FireVision 20L Specifications
Storage and Handling
FireVision 20L fire-rated glass should be handled with care during transportation, storage, inspection, and installation. It should be stored in dry conditions only and needs to be stacked upright, at a slight angle. In addition, the glass panels must be separated by an appropriate material, such as soft pads made of cork, and the bottom edge of the glass must be supported along its entire length.
FireVision 20L fire-rated glass is usable in timber frames with a variety of edge covers and clearances. It is approved for door lite use only with a maximum of 9 ft.2. Each FireVision 20L unit should be inspected carefully before installation, and any pieces with visible surface damage should be sorted out. All glazing components and the stop height must be chosen according to the appropriate UL classification. The glass panel must be placed on calcium silicate or hardwood setting blocks and glazed using appropriate glazing tape, such as closed cell PVC, Fiberfrax tape or Pemko FG3000S90. The installation of the framed unit must comply with the frame supplier’s instructions.
To maintain the aesthetics, it is important to keep the glass panel clean. A soft, clean, non-abrasive cloth and a mild soap, detergent, or non-abrasive glass cleaning solution is suitable for cleaning. After cleaning, rinse immediately with clean water and remove any excess water from the panel surface. Also, do not allow any metal or hard parts of the cleaning equipment to come in contact with the panel surface.
• Specifications – FireVision 20L
Coral Industries, Inc.
1-800-772-7737, ext. 1376